Microfiction: Akrura's Message

1. The messenger approached the young god with obvious uncertainty.  Krishna was unsure of this man's intentions.  He handed Krishna the letter saying, "Heed my warning."


2. His destiny awaiting, Krishna traveled on. 


Bibliography: Krishna by Epified TV (India) in 2015

Author's Note: This week for my readings I watched the Indian TV series Epified: Krishna.  The video playlists went over Krishna's life and adventures.  Though I had done some research on Krishna before, I learned many more details about this avatar of Vishnu.  In one of the stories, a character named Akrura delivers a message to Krishna from Kamsa inviting him to Mathura.  Akrura confided in Krishna that it was a trap--Kamsa sought to kill Krishna.  Krishna, taking this into account, still decides to travel to Mathura and confront his destiny.  I liked this idea of a hero approaching a deadly situation intentionally, confident in themselves and their abilities.  I decided to write about this story in Krishna's in two different microfictions--a 25 word story as well as a six word story. 



Akrura has a mystic vision of Krishna.
source: commons





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to myself

My Favorite Place: Cairns, Australia