Week 8 Reading and Writing

     The reading and writing assignments have been working great for me.  I love how consistent the schedule of this class is compared to my other courses.  I always know what to expect for my weekly work, and it makes it easier to plan this work around my other classes or finish it early.  I'm happy with both my blog and my project! They are easy to navigate and simple, which is exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm satisfied and surprised by how the stories have gone thus far.  I haven't written stories in such a long time, probably since high school.  They have gotten easier as I have written more.  I enjoy having a creative outlet such as writing stories--I haven't had a creative outlet such as this that I can remember.  It's pretty satisfying to start and finish stories.  One of my favorite accomplishments from this course is being able to write stories that I am truly proud of.  One story in particular, Hanuman is Flexing, was SO fun to write.  I even went out of my way to show it to my friends and we had an awesome time laughing about it. I can't wait to work on it for my next story on my portfolio.  My favorite reading so far would probably be the epic battles in the Ramayana.  I really liked the one where Rama took on a whole army of demons by himself while Lakshmana and Sita were hid away in a cave.  My reading notes help a tremendous amount--I search for stories within the reading which I could potentially use as inspiration for my own writing.  From there I have an idea of what I made want to write about and how I could come up with my own story that is distinct from the original.  As I have progressed writing stories, I have learned what I enjoy writing about the most--epic battles.  This has allowed me to pinpoint my notes while I read through stories. 

Krishna is pictured here as an infant.
source: Flickr
I chose this image because it was funny to see Krishna's picture after reading through the Mahabharata and learning more about his character.  When I originally posted this picture, it was when I was doing research about epic heroes.  I have a whole new perspective on Krishna now compared to back then.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to myself

My Favorite Place: Cairns, Australia